We are 3 months away from a proposed release-date. So lets see, where we stand.
We have 2 major strings of action we need to work on simultaniously: Setting up infrastructure and preparing for release. The infrastructure is basicaly done, mostly needs a broom and a brush for some paint. We have set up:
- new website incl forum in 2 languages [de/en]
- new blog (this one here) in 2 languages [de/en]
- Chili developement plattform
- Buildserver (Hetzner EQ6, 2 x 1.5 TB Raid1, Intel® Core™ i7-920 Quadcore, 12 GByte Ram)
The new website will be based on Joomla CMS and comes in DE/EN. The integrated forum also comes in both languages, where the user can choose, which language he wants to see, also giving the alternative to see both together. This was a always asked-for feature in the old forum, so we will implement it in the new one. The blog works as expected and got language-separated not long ago [thxx agaida]. Both, website and blog will move to the webspace where siduction.org resides now, shortly before initial release.
Chili Developement Plattform will be mostly stripped of its present functionality. The only thing it will be used for will be as our bug- and issue-tracker. We will see where this will be hosted.
The buildserver (now payed for by ab, a core-member, as well as the webspace) will house the build-environment [pyfll, pbuilder] for kernel- and iso-building. Software needs to be set up still, we just got the server 2 days ago. The final images for releases will be spread from there as well as kernels. I will post you on the developement there when it’s finaly set up. We will need to get the financial aspects of the buildserver and webspace straight and/or find sponsored substitutes.
On the developement side of things some guys from dev-team [edhunter, xweber, matthias, hamatoma, zappo] are working on a new (and i mean new) installer frontend. towo and me are sifting through the packages we fork from aptosid that need changes in naming, copyright etc. My plan is to start building from 2011-11-1, so we have the better part of 2 months for testing. So, lets see, how that goes.