Last night the developers of the Razor-qt desktop environment released version 0.5. Since the release of 0.4 almost 10 month passed by, in which, besides beautitication and bugfixing, a handful of new components were crafted. These are:
- razor-lightdm-greeter for lightdm greeter on razorqt/qt4 based desktop
- razor-notificationd. A tool to handle notifications over razor desktop
- razor-openssh-askpass helper (deactivated by default)
- razor-confupdate to update older config files
- razor-appeareance gui to support config theming
- razor-globalkeyshortcuts for keyboard shortcut configuration
Also a bunch of new panel plugins were crafted:
- cpu monitor applet
- lm sensor applet
- volume control applet that supports alsa or pulseaudio
- color picker
- network monitor
Most of the big distributions have packages for Razor-qt ready for their users. As Debian is not on the list yet, we at siduction put out a developenment release in the summer, based on Razor-qt 0.4. We will add Razor-qt to our regular release schedule and hopefully see a release at the end of October or early in November. Some other distros also have Live-CDs based on 0.4 for evaluation.
Siduction users will not have to wait that long for updated packages in our repositories. Expect those sometime during the next few days.